2019 Accomplishments, 2020 Plans, and Our Matching Fund Drive
This year the Beaver Institute achieved a great number of accomplishments to advance beaver coexistence which include:
- Our website helps over 2,000 people per month, up from 700 per month in 2018.
- We provided personalized self-help advice in 30 States, 6 Canadian Provinces and Europe.
- We developed and launched the Beaver Corps, the only professional beaver coexistence training program.
- We enrolled 13 Beaver Corps trainees from 9 states, B.C., and the Czech Republic, and some have installed their first flow devices.
- We published the Billerica Beaver Management Study, the most comprehensive analysis proving flow device cost-effectiveness vs. trapping.
- We taught 6 Beaver Management Workshops to Highway Department personnel across Massachusetts and gave multiple presentations.
- We invented and installed BIpass, a juvenile fish passage flow device.
- We are hosting BeaverCON 2020 the first east coast international beaver conference in Baltimore, MD in March, 2020.
- We are giving a national webinar on beaver coexistence along roads with the UMass Transportation Center on 1/22/20.
- Every penny of every donation goes directly to our beaver programs thanks to our all-volunteer staff.
In recognition of our significant beaver coexistence accomplishments this year, to support the planned 2020 expansion of the Beaver Corps Training Program, and to ensure the BeaverCON 2020 conference is a success, we are announcing an end-of-year Matching Fund Drive.
If you act now, your donation will be matched, dollar for dollar by a generous anonymous donor. Simply click this secure link now to double your donation, large or small, to help us reach our goal of $12,000! Please donate now at: https://www.beaverinstitute.org/about/support/
Your donation can help a worthy Beaver Corps student learn and implement nonlethal solutions to beaver issues, support BeaverCON 2020, or simply support our Mission to increase beaver coexistence. Simply tell us your preference when you donate. The choice is yours! ?
Please join our team to help save beavers and the myriad of species that depend upon beavers to survive. Get a jump on #GivingTuesday and donate today at: https://www.beaverinstitute.org/about/support/
Michael W. Callahan, President
Beaver Institute, Inc.